My followers

dinsdag 24 april 2012

Heroes vs Vikings

Well this is the post wher everything comes together. More specific four earlier posts.

It's maybe not the kind of adventure you were expecting from Johan, the Red Knight, but it's a beginning. Together with his friend Lancelot he's trying to stop an invasion of Vikings, who where sended by the dark forces of evel.

I also attached some pictures of how I made the little diorama. I made it for the 31st Painting Competition at Benno's Figures Forum. It wasn't good enough and was kicked out in the first round. More luck next time.

Anyhow I still hope you all like it.

This and the following picture went into competition.


Top view. The base is painted with different shades of brown and green.

The blue coats.

First set up.

Mix of woodfiller and sand added.
If you might have questions just ask.

Currently painting: Hat Zulus

Currently reading: Sheldon Siegel's Incriminating Evidence

And also welcome to a new follower:
- Ender from Ender's Games

Welcome to my blog!!!!!

19 opmerkingen:

  1. I think it looks great. The shields really stand out and it's always nice to see figures displayed like this. When I get more of my current batch of figures painted I plan on putting them into a dramatic scene.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you Anne. I'm really looking forward to that dramatic scene!

      Greetings
      Peter
      http://peterscave.blogspot.com/

      Verwijderen
  2. All the elements were good, so the result had to be very good too!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Fantastic diorama. Like Anne, I hope to someday put together a nice scene lik this.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Don't know what to say, the scene is superb, so are the figs and the painting, one could expect them to move in any moment!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. They did Andrew. Over night. Two dead Vikings. I had to replace them. :-D

      Thanks!

      Greetings
      Peter
      http://peterscave.blogspot.com/

      Verwijderen
  5. Awsome. if I had known I would have voted for it

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Verycool the land is super realistic

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Excellent work Peter. Really like the shields.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. How wonderful Peter; lovely to see the finished work with all the composite part coming together so well.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Did I vote for it? I can´t remember ..it seems so long ago.
    Very effectve ground work. One thing..you have the same problem...those bloody caeser swords..the number of times I have heat treated one (and any other methods including brute force) to get it straight and it just slowly, overnight bents back!!!!! GRRRRR!
    Cheers
    paul

    PS...I´m going about the place mentioning W&P Forum to all the 1/72nd painters ;-D

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. You're right about those swords. I tried everything to make them straight, but it didn't work.
      See you at the W&P forum ;-)

      Greetings
      Peter
      http://peterscave.blogspot.com/

      Verwijderen
  10. Ha ha!! That was wierd..I typed the captcha in completely wrong.(I was thinking of something) and noticed only when I pressed Ok..but it posted anyway!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. My blog recognized you. That's why you have get trough. :-D

      Greetings
      Peter
      http://peterscave.blogspot.com/

      Verwijderen
  11. Thank you all for the nice words!

    Greetings
    Peter
    http://peterscave.blogspot.com/

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen