My followers

zaterdag 5 mei 2012

Hat 8073 Russian Light Infantry - Based

Not really something new now, but I just wanted to show you what I did with this set. I was looking for a way to store all the loose figures I paint, so I decided to base them. They are not ment for wargaming but it looked nice this way.

I used MDF 4 mm from 3 x 6 cm. To cover the ground I made a mixture of woodfiller and sand. Painted with dark brown and the grass is from Games Workshop.

As you can see on the pictures I made a mistake. You can still see some of the bases, so I need to fix that a little bit. The sides of the bases are painted green as I will do for all the Napoleonic figures I will paint of that period. I've also painted four more figures.

Comments and advice for the next bunch are welcome.





The unbased figures can be seen here.

Currently painting: Hat Nassau Infantry (the last ones)

Currently reading: Naomi Novik's Tongues of Serpents

Also welcome to the new followers:
- Kris Marquardt from Wargames and Railroads
- hankesslinger (I found no blog, so if you have one, please let me know)

Welcome to my blog!!!!!

17 opmerkingen:

  1. Only thing I would do is lightly drybrush the base lightly, you probably have but it didn't show up in the picture!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I really like these figures and must get hold of some!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Actually I didn't Fran. So that's good advice when I do the next ones. Thank you!

    Greetings
    Peter
    http://peterscave.blogspot.com/

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Wonderful painting Peter. These guys look fantastic.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Nice job on those figures!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. They have come up rather nicely.

    And you'll easy sort out the visible bases issue

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. good storage tecnique mine is put them in a shoe box :-(

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Always impressed at the quality of your work Peter.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Nice work Peter, as Fran said a little dry brush and you'll never look back.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. Great work, the bases have come out nicely

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. They look great. Especially all ranked up

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. You always do nice work Peter and these look great grouped together. Doing bases is something I know very little about, but am going to have learn sooner or later.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  13. Weeral wondermooi werk Peter ik vermoed dat je al een zeer uitgebreide verzameling bijeen hebt geschilderd...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  14. Thank you all for the nice comments guys!

    Greetings
    Peter
    http://peterscave.blogspot.com/

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen