My followers

maandag 28 maart 2016

Mercator

While I'm working on the Arnhem Group Build Project I will show some figures I painted in the almost one year I wasn't actice at Blogger.

This was the Crisis 2011 figure. He is best known for his work in cartography, in particular the world map of 1569 based on a new projection which represented sailing courses of constant bearing as straight lines. He was the first to use the term "atlas" for a collection of maps.


I painted this figure for the painting competition on 2015 FIGZ meeting. I won third price with it! Just a joke because there were only two prizes to win!

It was a joy to paint this figure. A bit bigger as my normal 20 mm figures, as this is a 28 mm figure, and for that reason a bit more difficult because of the details that are better visible. The painting scheme is taken from a picture I found somewhere on the WWW. The brown globe should be historical correct as can be seen in the Wiki link.

I hope you like him.









Welcome to my blog!!!!!

26 opmerkingen:

  1. Gorgeous mini Peter! Avery nicely painted model of a most important man :D Cheers!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Lovely job Peter and well done on the placing.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Michael! If you mean the base with placing, I can tell you that I did the previous Crisis figures the same way. Also other 28 mm figures will be based this way.

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  3. Lovely job Peter ! Well done , I'm looking forward to see more :)
    Greetings

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Mario! Yes, there is more. Be patient! :-D

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  4. Very nice painting, Peter. In my minds-eye I can see your figure portraying Shakespeare's Shylock from the Merchant of Venice.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Jay! And thanks for the compliment!

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  5. Reacties
    1. Thanks Michal! Added you in the blog list!

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  6. Hola
    Una buena pieza si señor
    un saludo

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. goh, die heb ik ook nog ergens liggen...
    welkom terug, Peter!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Bedankt Ludo! Schilder hem dan maar gauw!

      Groetjes
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  8. Ah! Seen way before i was planted feet first on the Forum.i was come to think of it at that time not even upon the rough sea`s of the Internet. Of course i like the figure and the base and the brilliant painting.
    This is a Good Come Back Post,so any stuff old or new bung it on for me to enjoy.________Along with many others too. BB

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Paul! The figure is from 2011, but I showed it not so long ago at the forum. You might have missed it there. August 2015 : http://bennosfiguresforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=17887

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  9. 3rd place? Hes a winner I reckon Peter.

    Nice work.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Paul! I find him to a winner! Why didn't they see that? :-D

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  10. I never knew who he actually was :) We have a superstore chain here that carries his name.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks DEZ! A superstore chain? Here we had an insurrance company who named after him. Don't know why, but that was how it was!

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen